W0W! The past 3 weeks have been a blur! We have been so busy running around that I haven't had time to post so this one will be a doozy!
On Oct 4, Chris and I dedicated Kate at church. This was an important day in all of our lives. We stood in front of the congregation and vowed to raise Kate in a Christian home and dedicated her to our Lord. We had waited so long for this day and were so happy to stand before our family and friends to make this promise that is so very important in the life our our sweet little girl.
"For this child I have Prayed" - I Samuel 1:27
The following Wednesday, Kate went to her pediatrician for her 2 month checkup ... and her first shots. I dreaded this day, but she was such a trooper! It was 3 shots - 2 in one leg and one in the other. She screamed (as expected) and daddy picked her up and mommy kissed her and she was all better. No fussiness that night and only a little fever of 99 degrees! Super baby!
That following weekend, we decided it was time for Kate to visit Branson. My parents have a house in Branson that is close to Tablerock Lake as well as the outlet malls. And yes, we hit the malls like crazy! Carters, The Children's Place, Osh Kosh, Baby Gap. And we managed to throw in 2 pairs of shoes and a sweater for mommy!
The next week was War Eagle. Mommy left on Wednesday afternoon and Kate got to go to Nonnie's house to play all day Thursday. Friday, Daddy took off work to hang out at home with Kate. By Saturday, mommy was REALLY missing Kate, so daddy sent lots of pictures to my phone, but I still could hardly wait to come home Sunday morning. Daddy did such a wonderful job on his Daddy weekend - even managed to vacuum the house and do a little laundry too!!
I'm sure you have noticed that there are no pictures on this post. I have several but they are on the computer in the office .. which is under construction at the moment! Yes, we always have a project going on! We have decided to get rid of all the carpet downstairs and put in hardwood floors! So exciting! But such a mess!!! We have until Thanksgiving to get the project done - everyone comes to our house for Thanksgiving dinner. It's a 6 year tradition. Yes, I know - we are CRAZY!!


No comments:
Post a Comment