Have you ever come across a blog that you are totally smitten with? Whether it be about children, pets, vacationing, or friends that you haven't spoken to in ages? I admit that I blog stalk - read blogs written by people I don't even know and may never even meet! But that's ok. At least that's what I tell myself.Let me tell you about a blog that I adore ...
I love Bring the Rain. I recently read her book about her experience and first of all, I read the book in 2 nights - just couldn't put it down! I love the way that God has used a loss in such a beautiful way. I cannot even begin to understand what a family goes through when a child dies, and I hope I never do, but it opened my eyes to some things I needed to see. We have friends that have lost children and I never really knew what to say or how to tell them I was sorry for the things they have been through. This book was amazing!
A second blog I love is written by a friend from church. And yes, I have admitted to her that I blog-stalk her. She seems to be ok with it. She blogs daily about her children and their lives. More recently, she has been raising $ for a charity that is very close to her heart. Today, I was running late picking Kate up from Mother's Day Out. Chris had a meeting at the church at 2 so he picked her up from her classroom. I saw my friend and she had her kiddos with her. Her oldest has been tracking the donations that they have been receiving for their charity and loves to watch the amount grow. I felt a nudge to make a donation, and I had cash on me (miracle #1). I called over her daughter and asked her how her well was doing. She said they were almost to their goal and just had "this much" (and showed a tiny little amount) to go. I gave her the $ and she was sooo excited! She ran over to her mom and said that it was for the well! She jumped up and down and she told her sisters. I love seeing pure and genuine excitement in a little girl. And this excitement wasn't about a cool new toy - it was about raising $ for children that need clean water!!! And she was so excited!! I admit that it made me teary-eyes to see her so excited about helping others. That is so awesome! So, a special thank you to little Miss H for showing me Jesus today!
I also run across other blogs randomly. I found this one today and I thought it was perfect timing! I got asked this rude and insensitive question just this morning! And by someone that should know better!
Last but not least is BigMama. For those of you that know me, this will not surprise you at all! I love sarcasm! She makes me laugh every post! She is snarky and completely pulls it off. She says the things that we all only think and I love it! And the things that I couldn't even dream up!


Oh my gosh! I'm in tears from laughing so hard! After reading the adoption post, I read a few others on the danoah blog..he is hilarious! Good find!
ReplyDeleteLove the adoption dad post. Too funny. I'm sorry people say these hurtful things. Kind of like when people tell me that it is 'better' that Gracie died? People are stupid and just don't think. I love Kate and she is such a beautiful little girl who loves HER Mommy & Daddy very, very much.
ReplyDeleteI've read the Bring the Rain blog before. I can only take it in small doses, but she has a heart for God and some definite advice/wisdom/insight on the loss of a child.
Wish I had more time/energy/committment to update our blog more often. It is such a good release for those thoughts in my head!! And a good way to remember all the little things that are my sweet baby(ies)!!