Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Search for the perfect Christmas card

 I love opening the mail and finding something other than a bill, an insurance solicitation, or an application for a credit card that I do not even want in the first place. Today we received our first Christmas card (Thanks Brittney & Chad) - perfect timing since today is December 1st.

I love Christmas cards! And so the search begins! The hard part is picking the picture to go on the card! Monte (the dog) was the subject for the first six years of Christmas cards and last year he got knocked off the running and replaced with one very cute Santa and baby Kate picture!

Maybe I can get Kate, Monte, and Maya all in one card this year? Am I asking for too much?

This year, I will be ordering the cards from Shutterfly. They just make it so easy! And the envelopes come too! They are even running a special and giving away 50 FREE cards if you blog a little something about them. LOVE IT! And not only can you order your Christmas cards, you can even order calendars, canvas wall art, and more! The possibilities are endless - and you can even get some great ideas for Christmas presents! Great ideas for the grandparents out there!

So, now the part where I decide if we want to do classic like these:


I love this one because it has so many places for pictures! We could even use our family picture that we had taken this year!


I like the classic look of this one. Something about the simplicity of the Merry Christmas on it.
or we could do a little something more fun like these:


I love the cute Merry Christmas writing at the top of this one. And I love a beach picture - maybe next year?


And the little stockings on this one are simply adorable!

One thing is for sure - the card will say MERRY CHRISTMAS! I mean, that is a requirement! None of this happy holidays business! That is the traditionalist in me. And Jesus is the reason for the season and my CHRISTmas cards will certainly say that!

Oh, and another thing is this is my birthday month! Yep, Christmas baby here! Happy birthday month to me!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

  1. We were first?! VICTORY!!! (However, in the spirit of full disclosure, had we not been leaving to go out of the country for 5 days, we would not have sent them out so quickly.)

    IRRELEVANT.

    Merry Christmas! Happy Birthday, Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

how old is Kate

baby