Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fevers are NOT our friends!!!!

Kate went to bed with a low grade fever Thursday night and woke up with 102 degree fever.  So off we went to the doctors office.  Let me tell you that it was not a fun experience!  They did the regular checks of her ears and throat - all good.  Dr even said her ears looked perfect.  I totally thought it was an ear infection.  He asked several more questions and proceeded to tell me that he wanted to check her for a kidney infection.  I told him that she was drinking lots of water but he still wanted to check.  Have ANY IDEA how they check babies for that?  They run a catheter to collect tinkle from her little bladder.  While Kate was fine for the entire procedure, I was not.  Tears and lots of them.  It is hard to watch your baby during something like that.  I know that it is not a major procedure, but it was my baby girl!  The results of her test came back in about 15 minutes and all was good.  She was diagnosed with a fever virus (which I honestly think they tell you when they have NO CLUE what is wrong) and sent home with instructions to give her Tylenol/Motrin.  Her fever spiked at 104.4 degrees Friday night and there was also some really bad weather that rolled through, so needless to say, Kate didn't sleep good. 
Friday afternoon - fever, but still a trooper


Saturday morning, she woke up without fever but it was back around 6pm and when she went to bed tonight it was at 100 degrees.  She had been very snuggly tonight and wanting mommy.  I love the snuggles but hope my girl feels better tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry Kate isn't feeling well. And yes, been there at the doctor's office. Definitely, definitely not fun. Hope that she is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

how old is Kate

baby