Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day and what a WONDERFUL day it is!  Daddy let Mommy sleep in this morning since Kate has been an early bird the past couple of mornings.  My sweet baby girl woke me up and smothered me with wet drooly kisses - my favorite! We watched a little Disney and cuddled in the bed while Daddy got ready for church.  She even took a little snooze while all cuddled up with Mommy!  Daddy took over breakfast while Mommy got ready for church and off we went!  Our pastor honors moms every Mother's Day by asking them to stand and I finally got to stand this year!  Such a good feeling! 


I love that I am finally a mommy, but my heart really understands what some dear friends are going through.  There are some really GREAT women that I have come to know over the past few years that really want to become a mom or add a 2nd bundle of joy, but for some reason or another, they have not been able to.  Trust me - I understand - I get it!  Mother's Day was one of the hardest days for me before Kate came along.  It is so hard to understand that unless you have been there!  I just want my friends A, C, M, and B to know that I am praying for you!  Praying that God will give you peace and understand no matter what!  Jeremiah 29:11 tells us "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."  Let me tell you, I have reminded myself of that verse so many times over the years.  It tells me that God has a plan!  It may not always match up to mine, but He is the one in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

how old is Kate

baby